The Riffyn Tools JMP AddIn helps you explore Riffyn data with powerful tools for fetching, joining, cleaning, annotating, hit-picking and tagging data both in JMP tables, and in Riffyn directly from JMP. These tools can be accessed from the "Riffyn" menu after installing the JMP AddIn.
Installation Instructions (assumes you already have JMP installed):
2. Double click on the downloaded .jmpaddin file
3. Select "Install"
1. Open a Riffyn data table that you downloaded from your browser, or fetch a table via the "Get experiment data" option on the Riffyn menu.
2. Select the "Clean Riffyn data table" submenu.
3. Options include:
- Group columns by step will group columns according to their step name, which makes it easier to navigate and manipulate data tables associated with large processes:
- Write specifications to column properties will save the LSL, Target and USL columns as Spec Limits to the corresponding "value" column if they contain only a single value for all rows. In this example you can see that the total number of columns is reduced from 43 above to 40 after the 3 spectral absorbance specs have been applied appropriately.
Specification limits that are written as column metadata will enhance many of JMP's data visualizations and reports. Here is an example of a distribution plot where the Spec Limits metadata adds context to interpreting the visualized data:
- Add units to data table will insert unit labels into the column names for any property that has units in the experiment in Riffyn. Open any Riffyn data table that was exported via the browser or fetched with the Riffyn Tools AddIn, then choose this option:
The resulting annotated columns look like this.
The utility allows for units that vary from experiment to experiment. In such cases, it will export a column with the unit annotation for each property on each row of data where the units vary.