This JMP AddIn streamlines some of the ways to explore data by taking advantage of JMP's capabilities for using column metadata - specifically Column Groups, Spec Limits and Show/Hide. These tools are in the Work with Riffyn Data option on the Riffyn Tools menu JMP.
It also includes a data puller that fetches and opens data from Riffyn experiments and processes directly from the JMP interface. This is accessed via the Get Riffyn experiment and process data tables via Riffyn API option on the Riffyn Tools menu in JMP.
Installation Instructions (assumes you already have JMP installed):
2. Double click on the downloaded .jmpaddin file
3. Select "Install"
1. Open the Riffyn data table
2. Select "Work with Riffyn Data" from the Riffyn menu
3. The prepare data menu of buttons appear on the right side of your screen.
4. These buttons will act on whichever table is selected as the current data table.
- Group Columns will group columns according to their step name, which makes it easier to navigate and manipulate data tables associated with large processes:
- Apply Metadata will apply the data in single-valued LSL, Target and USL columns as Spec Limits to the corresponding "value" column. In this example you can see that the total number of columns is reduced from 43 above to 40 after the 3 spectral absorbance specs have been applied appropriately.
Specification limits that are written as column metadata will enhance many of JMP's data visualizations and reports. Here is an example of a distribution plot where the Spec Limits metadata adds context to interpreting the visualized data:
- Hide Stuff will not delete any data from your data table, but it will hide any remaining spec columns and all of the columns containing extended random IDs that are not particularly human readable:
The hidden columns are still available for analysis. It is possible to unhide one or more selected columns by right clicking on the column name and selecting Hide/Unhide: