v1.b434 (Version 1, Build 434) - Released October 5, 2017
Riffyn has just been upgraded in 4 very big ways!
1) You can now filter your Process and Experiment Libraries with shareable Tags.
- To apply your first tag, try opening the "Add/Remove Tag" modal by right-clicking on any one of the entities you have selected in the Process Library. You can create your first tags from within this modal simply by typing their names and hitting ENTER after each.
- Tags are private until shared via the Tag Library with other users or teams. Access controls for tags are independent of the access controls on the entities that are tagged. Tag Viewers will be able to use your tag for filtering their libraries. Tag Operators will be able to apply your tag to additional entities. Tag Admins will be able to delete or rename your tag.
2) There are new ways to export data for individual columns and individual steps:
- Copy Selected Values: right-click on any header to copy its selected values in the order displayed
- Export Single-Valued Data: in Execute mode, first click on the name of the run group displayed to the right of the step name in the bottom panel
- Export Planned Values: first click on the name of the run group displayed to the right of the step name in the bottom panel
- Input Resources can now be assigned by typing their names or scanning their barcodes directly into the bottom panel. As always, a resource's Fixed Property values will appear automatically when it is assigned successfully. If the input resource name provided is not recognized or is not sufficiently unique, you can still access the Resource Search and Filter modes in the top panel to resolve each assignment by clicking on the corresponding gray cell. If one or more resource assignments on a step was not made successfully (e.g., an uploaded file contained a typo), the gray cell in the header region will display an alert. Clicking this alert will automatically scroll the next unresolved assignment into view. A right-click on this alert in the header will fix all unresolved assignments by creating new resources using the names provided.
- The names of Output Resources can now be edited in the bottom panel on the runs where those resources are generated.
4) You can now search and read our Help articles without leaving Riffyn.
- Our help menu now offers options for "Quick Help" and "Browse Help". When you select "Quick Help" a search bar will appear in the lower right corner of your window that accesses the same content you can still review in a separate tab by selecting "Browse Help."
The new release contains these additional features and bug fixes.
Design & Measure:
- Fixed Properties are now indicated by a square icon so that the tag icon can be used exclusively for actions related to the new Tags feature.
- The "Rename Experiment" interface has been itself renamed and updated with new features for communicating why an experiment was performed, what was observed and what decisions were made. You can now attach files directly to the "Experiment Summary" interface to enhance the text you provide as either "Purpose" or "Summary and Next Steps" within its "Overview" panel. There is also a new "Observations" panel that integrates into a single location every Observation written to every Step of an Experiment.
- The navigation bar in the bottom panel has been updated to facilitate navigation among Riffyn's interfaces for designing experiments (Plan), executing experiments (Execute), enhancing experiments with additional resource types or properties (Modify), quickly navigating across steps (Step Order), and accessing files uploaded to Procedure Tasks and Observations (Attachments).
- Interfaces for defining Data Cleaning Procedures and viewing Cleaned Data are now accessed via the wrench icon displayed in the bottom right corner of Execute mode.
- You can now "Apply saved aggregation settings" by right-clicking on any header in Execute mode. If you want to quickly view the runs inside a run aggregate by toggling the run aggregations off and on again, first "Show individual runs" and then "Apply saved aggregation settings".
- "Run Description" is now displayed as "Run Name", to align with the way the same data are accessed via API.
- Sometimes the files generated by your instruments are missing a key piece of information that characterizes the data, such as a Plate ID. You can now upload the data in these files without having to modify them by using Parsely's new features for Manual Data Entry.
- Queries from Riffyn to your databases can already be parameterized using data that has been written to runs, but the values of those parameters have been calculated using all rows of all runs on the step. There is now an option to Execute Database Queries Run by Run, which executes one query for each selected run, with independent parameter values estimated from the data on each run.
- The Data Status Indicator has been updated such that progress is now indicated by the fraction of the data status indicator with a green background.
- You can use this Python script to create resources in bulk from a .CSV or .XLSX file.
- You can use this other Python script to upload Resource Types, Properties and Units from a .CSV or .XLSX file.
Design & Measure:
- Since the last release hitting the ENTER key in some modals would close them without saving changes or performing the expected action. This has been fixed according to the following scheme: if your cursor is in a single-lined text field, ENTER will usually save the value, close the modal and perform the expected action; if your cursor is in a multi-lined text field, ENTER will add a new line to the field.
- Zero can now be entered as a target value for numeric properties.
- Users can now successfully share a Process or Experiment while viewing the steps within one of its Groups.
- The Resource Search feature in the top panel will now return resources with exactly matching names at the top of the list even if there are spaces or special characters in their names.
- If a Resource with no value of a particular Fixed Property is assigned to a run with its own value of the same Fixed Property, the Resource will now "pick up" the Run Value as if it had been written to the Resource itself. When the same resource is later assigned to other runs, it will bring this First Assigned Value with it.
- Property attributes are now saved in the expected way when new properties are created in the Measure mode interface for adding properties to Steps.
- The Resource Viewer in the top panel will once again display values for "Not Fixed" properties associated with a resource. Each value displayed is the one that has been most recently written to a run where the Resource has been assigned.
- More intuitive mouse selection behavior when selecting Configurations in a Collection.
- When re-naming a saved Configuration in the File Setup modal, hitting ENTER the first time will now save the name and exit the edit state; hitting ENTER a second time will trigger the 'Edit' button and open the Configuration editor.
- Some exported files were missing all or nearly all data. This has been fixed.
- Some requests for data export returned an unrelated error message. This has been fixed.
- We have fixed one more edge case where combinations of single- and multi-valued data were not exported in the same form as they were being rendered in the multi-value data editor.
- Plot Result Data again works as expected
- Error message will be displayed if user attempts to Plot Result Data when there is no data.
- The Welcome Video would sometimes appear upon switching between two Riffyn accounts within the same browser window. This has been fixed.
- Documentation for listPropertyTypes has been corrected (no ID parameter is required for this end point).
- Removed "unique" field from Documentation for createPropertyType and updatePropertyType.
- Users can now access Public processes and experiments via API.