Design Mode in Riffyn is indicated by a blue upper menu bar containing the name "Design" in the upper left corner. The ID of the process is indicated by the 17 characters at the end of the URL.
Design mode is divided into four sections:
1. Upper Menu Bar
The blue upper menu bar contains the main navigation features. Items in this section in left to right order are:
- Riffyn icon - opens the process library.
- Design drop down - design options, including renaming and duplicating a process.
- Design name - edit the name and description of the process.
- Account name and access level - user's access controls for the process.
- Account icon - account and sign out options.
- Question mark icon - help documentation.
- Refresh/download icon - data export.
The grey upper menu bar contains mode-specific options. Items in this section in left to right order are:
- Add icon - add a new step to the process design.
- Version - list and description of all previous process versions.
- Experiments drop down - create new experiments or view previous experiments
- Data drop down - access specific data sets associated with individual experiments
2. Design Canvas
The design canvas allows the specification of the process using step, groups, and linked processes. Additional options can be accessed by right clicking on the design canvas, an individual step, or a connection line between steps.
3. Resource Types, Component, and Property Pane
The Resource Type, component, and property panes display information for a selected step. This information can include any Resource Type, components, or properties assigned to either the inputs or outputs of the step. More information on Resource Types, components, and properties.
4. Info, Notes, and Version Pane
The info, notes, and version pane contains additional information about the process. When no step is selected these tabs display information for the process itself. When a step is the selected this pane will display information specific to the selected step in the info/design tabs, and display a diamond next to the version in which the selected step was changed. The info tab captures procedural information.